Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Chocolate Pancakes!!


Two words...chocolate pancakes. Uh, YUM!!

Everyone loves pancakes and everyone loves chocolate and this recipe was deeeeeelicious!! My old camp buddy has a website called Somewhere In Middle America where she mainly talks about things that inspire her in life... things going on in her life... and a lot of style! (Check her out, she's fun to read, plus at her website you will also find a link to her own stationary company and another website she writes for, EAD Living). Anyway, on Friday's she tends to post links of things she found around the Internet that she thinks is cool. One of those posting's happened to be for CHOCOLATE PANCAKES!!

As soon as I saw this I knew I had to make them. So here is the recipe:

Ingredients:

* 1 cup sugar
* 1 1/4 cup flour
* 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1 t. baking powder
* 1/4 t. baking soda
* 1/4 t. salt
* 3/4 cup milk
* 2 eggs
* 1 t. vanilla
* 2 T oil

Directions:

1. Mix all of the dry ingredients into a medium bowl, preferably one with a pour spout if you have one.


2. Measure your milk into a large measuring cup first, then add the rest of the wet ingredients to it.


3. Whisk the wet stuff with a fork to blend it well.

4. Pour into the dry mix and stir it all up until there are no lumps in the batter.


** If your batter seems too thick, add a splash more milk. If too thin, add a little more flour.

Just like regular pancakes, heat up a flat skillet or griddle on medium heat. Drop small circles of batter on the surface and watch them expand!


When regular pancakes bubble up, they have clear bubbles and they turn brownish. But these pancakes are already brown so watch carefully and be sure not to burn them.

As soon as they just begin to bubble, slide the spatula underneath one to flip it over If it sticks, pull it back and wait a little longer. If you can get the spatula under the pancake, go ahead and flip it. It may take a few tries to get it right.

I burned a few before I got the feeling of how long it took a pancake to cook on the first side before flipping it.

After I made a nice batch of regular pancakes, I threw some white chocolate chips into the batter for an extra treat!!


My husband views these pancakes solely as a dessert like item. For me? Please. I'll eat them any time of day... breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack. I'm not picky!

The day I made them, however, I did eat them as dessert with some powdered sugar on them. But one day I'll probably find myself eating the leftovers as breakfast!!

Enjoy!

Recipe originally courtesy of GoodMeasureBlog.com

No comments:

Post a Comment