Sunday, October 31, 2010

Man Food


So, I don't know about the rest of you - but the weather where I live has been wonky. We were fortunate to have 70 degree weather well into mid October, and then a week of 50's. Then back to 70!! AAANNDD now we're back to low 50's. So, I'm getting a cold. Yay.

Where am I going with this? Well, on Sunday since I was feeling kind of crappish, my husband decided he would prepare dinner, even with his right arm having limited motion and ability to bear weight from the surgery. (Can't wait till he is healed!!)

He made something simple enough - pasta with meat sauce. He took some of our 93% ground beef and threw it in a skillet to brown. Once it was brown he added some sauce and let that simmer for a bit. Meanwhile, the pasta was boiling away.

Once the pasta was done, the meat sauce went on top (along with some Parmesan cheese for me and crushed red pepper flakes for him) and viola - dinner!

I do appreciate his gesture to make dinner - and my husband actually CAN cook when he wants to. Though, he is definitely the baker in the family - he bakes much better than I can. But he's made some other dinners in the past - generally using recipes off boxes of product we have in the house. And his making pasta on Sunday gave me the chance to rest for an hour.

Of course...I still had to do all the dishes. Wa, wa, waaaaa.

No comments:

Post a Comment