Monday, October 25, 2010

Halloween Week Continues with Bloody Zombie Dinner Tarts!


In keeping with the Halloween theme this week, and complying with my husbands request for his favorite meal - my Hamburger Pie - I decided to get a little creative and make little individual "tarts" of hamburger pie with a monster face.

I followed my hamburger pie recipe loosely - I diced some onions and threw them in a saute pan before I added the 93% lean beef to brown. Once that was browned, I added the cream of mushroom soup along with shredded cheddar cheese.

While that was cooking, I unrolled a can of crescent roll dough and cut 8 circles. Four of the circles I left alone, and 4 I cut little monster faces out.

When the mixture was ready, I put a few spoonfuls onto each whole circle, put the monster face circle on top and pinched the sides closed.

I then took green food coloring and brushed it onto the top of the face...lastly adding a few dabs of red food coloring for blood.

I popped them in the oven at 350 degrees F for 12 minutes and poof! Something fun and creative to eat for dinner!!

Happy Halloween week!

No comments:

Post a Comment