Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sunday Game Day Snack - Halloween Theme! (Pizza Mummies)


So, Halloween is a week away and I decided to make my husband a fun little snack for football Sunday today.

He was out all morning at a baseball show so he didn't really eat lunch and I knew he would need a bigger snack. I found this adorable recipe on FamilyFun.Go.Com and I just had to make them!

This snack is a perfect family snack and is easy to make. The kids will love them and well, guys will eat anything relating to pizza!

Enjoy these pizza mummies!!

Ingredients:

English muffins
Pizza sauce
Black olives
Red or green pepper
Cheese sticks or slices (I used string cheese and pulled pieces to use as the wrappings)

Directions:

Heat the oven to 350ยบ F. For each mummy, spread a tablespoon of pizza sauce onto half of an English muffin (toast it first, if you like).

Set olive slices in place for eyes and add bits of red or green pepper for pupils.

Lay strips of cheese across the muffin for the mummy's wrappings.

Bake for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the muffin is toasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment