Sunday, October 24, 2010

Chocolate Covered Pretzels - Halloween Edition!


My husband and I have always wanted to play with the candy molds at the arts n crafts stores like Michael's. Every time we go in we see the bags of colored chocolate melts and we swear that one day we will make some.

Well, that day was over the weekend. My husband was out at a baseball show, so I was left alone to do the errands. Since the grocery store is right next to Michael's, I decided to splurge and I purchased a candy mold you can use with pretzels. I got finger bones!!

I decided to purchase white and green candy melts and give it a try. I wanted to make bloody bones and tried to use red food coloring on one of the bones, but it didn't come out the way I wanted just yet. But I had fun trying out my first 9 candy molds.

I did buy a decorator brush so I could make more intricate designs in the future.

This is a fun activity to do, and it hardly takes any time. Melt some chocolate, design your mold and pop it in the fridge for a half hour at the most.

Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment