Sunday, October 17, 2010

A Very Messy Football Day Meal! - Mexican Night!



In lieu of a Sunday Game Day Snack, today I am bringing you a Sunday Game Day Meal - something we do in our house sometimes.

We do have an HD TV in the area where our kitchen table is, so if there is still football on during dinner time, we can watch while eating. (Granted, there is no football on at our house this Sunday, as our LOVELY cable provider, Cablevision, decided to pull Fox off their air while they are renegotiating a deal with News Corp. My husband retreated to a bar to see the Giants game).

Anyway, back to the meal - MEXICAN NIGHT! Sometimes I prepare taco's...sometimes fajitas, quesadillas or fajita-dillas. Depends on my mood, but the ingredients are basically all the same.

I chop up some peppers and onions and throw them in a saute pan. Then I take some diced raw chicken and throw that in after a minutes, and let it cook up.


While it is cooking, I mix some taco seasoning in with water and pour it over the chicken and vegetables. I let all of that simmer over a medium heat for about 5-6 minutes until the sauce is thick and the chicken is cooked through.


If I am making quesadillas, I toast flour tortillas on a griddle for a few seconds on each side. Then I put all the filling onto half the tortilla, sprinkle some shredded cheddar over it, fold it in half and cut it into thirds.

If it is a fajita or taco night, I put the filling into a bowl, then have some shredded cheddar in another bowl, shredded lettuce in another, and then salsa and sour cream out - then we build our own tacos or fajitas.


We often make some sort of rice to accompany this meal. Sometimes I even use rice in my tacos too!

We love Mexican night - it could get messy but it's very enjoyable. What's your favorite meal to eat while watching football?

No comments:

Post a Comment