Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Another Faux Steakhouse Dinner


When food shopping last weekend, there was steak on sale so we grabbed a new cut to try. And of course, I forgot to write down the cut it was... but it was OK. I think my favorite is skirt steak, and this wasn't it!

Anyway, my husband found an interesting marinade to try here... and we changed it just a bit.

First off, we didn't use onions because we had a lot of other sides already made in the house to choose from.

Second, we didn't use Dijon mustard because we forgot we ran out. So, we only used honey mustard, but less of it, and we only used like, a half a tablespoon of honey.

So here is what our final recipe looked like for the marinade:
1/3 cup honey mustard
1 tablespoon parsley leaves, chopped
1/2 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1 tablespoon water
1/8 teaspoon red hot pepper sauce
1/8 teaspoon black pepper

BUT we weren't done. My husband actually mixed those ingredients before I got home from work..and then I tasted it. I felt it was a little harsh.. I really like sweeter marinades the best.

So, I dumped in about a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar and a tablespoon of this Trader Joes Sesame Ginger vinaigrette we had in the house and it was really good!

So we brushed the glaze on the raw steak and let it grill on the stove. One of the pieces of steak was a lot thinner and got a little tough in the cooking process. But the other was just fine.

The glaze wasn't our favorite but it was tasty for sure. We paired it with the creamy mashed cauliflower I make as well as the balsamic glazed sweet potatoes that I love.

Another delicious steak dinner. And I swear, we really don't eat red meat every single day!! Ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment