Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A's Sweet n' Sticky Spareribs!!



So, we had some spareribs in our freezer for a few months. We had bought them in the spring to grill, but then my husband had his shoulder surgery and we kind of forgot about them.

So, I needed to figure something out before they were totally freezer burned. I'd never cooked spareribs before, but I knew I wanted them cooked somewhat low and slow so they'd be nice and tender.

I'm a big fan of savory sweet sauces so I did some research and I came up with an incredibly tasty marinade!

First, though, I slapped my defrosted spareribs in a baking pan that was slightly greased and covered it with tin foil. My spareribs then baked at 350 degrees F for 1-1/4 hours. You can go about 10-15 minutes longer if you want too.

While that was baking, I started on my marinade. Here are the ingredients:

3/4 cups ketchup
1/2 cup cider vinegar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp garlic

Gently heat all ingredients in a sauce pan to just a boil.

Once the ribs are done baking, remove them from the oven, drain the pan, and return the ribs to the pan. Pour marinade over the ribs and return them to the oven and bake uncovered for 35 minutes, or until sauce covers the ribs, basting occasionally.

Then, enjoy!!

We had some sour cream and chive potatoes as a side, and have a stack of napkins around you because these will get messy!!

2 comments:

  1. You did mean soy sauce, not coy sauce, correct? Other than that, sounds wonderful. Low and slow always works best with ribs, in my experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for catching that error!! I appreciate my readers watching out for me :-) And yes, soy, NOT coy, sauce. :-)

    ReplyDelete