Sunday, November 21, 2010

Stuffing Muffins


This month's "special" in the Food Network Magazine was stuffing. I LOVE stuffing. It's my favorite Thanksgiving foods. One thing in particular caught my eye - stuffing muffins.

I decided to try and make them. The goal from the Food Network Magazine was to obviously make a base stuffing from scratch. This would be a GREAT idea and I would love to do this, but I was a little pressed for time when I wanted to cook these.

Being that it is November, and for anyone out there who has benefits from work - you know it is open enrollment time. For someone who works in HR - this is an incredibly busy time of year and you are working earlier hours or staying late and by the time you get home, you are so tired from answering a zillion questions about medical insurance, vision, dental, etc. So...I cheated on the recipe. :-) I used Stove Top stuffing.

So... here is what I did.

I bought Stove Top stuffing mix - the cornbread flavor - and I made it according to directions.

Once I mixed the stuffing mix into the boiling water, I also added some dried cranberries and some almond slivers. I let it sit for just a minute or two.

Then I lined a muffin tin with baking cups, plopped some stuffing into each cup, and baked it at 350 degrees F for about 35 minutes.

The stuffing should have a browner look to it and be more solidified in the cup.

Honestly, there is nothing "special" about this recipe besides a fun name - it's just baked stuffing. But at least it is a cute presentation - little stuffing cups to put on the table at Thanksgiving. I would feel the same way even if I made homemade stuffing - it still would just be stuffing in a little cup.

But, at least it is a fun and different way to present this traditional side dish.

What's your favorite stuffing recipe, or way to eat it??

No comments:

Post a Comment