Saturday, November 6, 2010

Sunday Game Day Snack...On The Go!!



This week's Sunday Game Day Snack was totally improvised in a few minutes. My husband and I were down in South Florida at my in-laws vacation house this past weekend. Since there is a full kitchen, I knew there would be an opportunity to make something. We didn't want to buy too many ingredients though, since we were only going to be around for a few days.

As we were walking through the Super Target, the new Wheat Thins Flatbreads caught my eye and they were on sale for just $2.00. An idea began to form in my head and from that I ended up making little Flatbread bites!

This "recipe" took all of 10 minutes to throw together. I ended up microwaving them, but if you are by a grill, you can place them on tin foil and let them heat up for a few minutes until the cheese melts.

Here are the ingredients:
Wheat Thins Flatbreads - Tuscan Herb flavor
1/8 pound sharp white cheddar cheese
diced green pepper
diced shallot
Bulls Eye BBQ Sauce
Cream Cheese

I made a few different combinations of cracker... on some, I spread BBQ sauce and topped it with the cheese, pepper and shallot. One others I spread cream cheese and topped it with cheese, shallot and pepper. Some I just used cheese, pepper and shallot without a sauce and there was also the possibility to combine the BBQ sauce and cream cheese before topping that with the remaining ingredients.


Once I had my crackers assembled, I popped them in the microwave for 20 seconds.

Done! An easy and tasty game day snack on the go!

This snack ended up being very healthy and incredibly tasty at the same time!! It's also a good snack if you are on vacation and have a hotel room or a time share with a kitchen. It was very inexpensive too - the crackers cost me $2.00, the cheese I used (1/8 pound) was all of 85 cents, the green pepper was 89 cents and my little shallot was 9 cents!! We also had a little cup of cream cheese from breakfast that we didn't eat at the restaurant so we took it home, and a little cup of BBQ sauce that was free at a condiment station from where we had lunch.

Enjoy game day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment