Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sunday Game Day Snack


My husband is beyond excited about Football Sunday and is currently parked on the couch watching the Giants game while I do housework. Fair? Not really, but considering when I was home during the summer I watched a lot of TV instead of doing housework, well, I guess it's payback.

So to be nice, (and to try and help him gain a little more weight), I helped him prepare a game day snack after the first quarter.

We made nachos! Here is what we put on it:

Diced cubanelle pepper (it's like a bell pepper in taste)
diced scallions
jalapeno slices
cheese sauce with salsa (like the Tostitos stuff)
salsa
sour cream

We used brown rice chips and polenta chips because that is what we currently have in the house but I think he would have preferred tortilla chips. Either way, it came out really good with the chips we used!

First we placed the chips on a baking sheet and topped them with the cheese sauce, scallions and peppers.


After baking it at 350 degrees F for about 10-12 minutes, we topped it with the jalapeno slices, salsa and sour cream.

He grabbed another beer and settled in with his snack.

Enjoy football season!

No comments:

Post a Comment