Monday, September 6, 2010

Broccoli Corn Noodle Casserole


Part of me feels like my dinner tonight will be out in the country. It's a very warm dish and by warm, I mean it's very much like a comfort food. I pre-made this last night because I am starting a brand new job today and wanted to have everything ready for when I got home! (My husband and I also baked up a storm yesterday making dessert for Rosh Hashanah dinners!)

So tonight's dinner is a Broccoli Corn Noodle Casserole with Ground Turkey. It was very easy to make!

Here are the ingredients:
1 (16 ounce) package uncooked egg noodles
1 pound ground turkey
1 (15 ounce) can canned or frozen corn
1 (10.75 ounce) can cream of broccoli soup
salt and pepper to taste


Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium casserole dish.

2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add noodles, cook for 6 to 8 minutes, until al dente, and drain.


3. Place turkey in a skillet over medium heat, and cook until evenly brown. Drain grease.


4. In a bowl, gently mix cooked noodles and turkey, corn, and soup. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to the prepared baking dish.


5. Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until bubbly.


This recipe is very versatile because you can use ground chicken or beef or cream of chicken soup or cream of mushroom. I love recipes with interchangeable ingredients like that!

I already took a taste and it's very yummy. I can also see sprinkling something on the top before baking, maybe some cheddar cheese or breadcrumbs. Or both!

We're going to be eating this with some good ol' fashioned cornbread. Yum! Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment