Thursday, September 2, 2010

Easy Cheesy Baked Ziti


Sometimes you just need something fast and easy to make for dinner. I was in that situation the other night and I told my husband we were just having pasta for dinner. He came home expecting plain ol' spaghetti and sauce but as a last minute ditch effort, I decided to take a little extra time to make something more.

We had ricotta cheese in the house so I decided to make a three cheese baked ziti. I got my ziti noodles boiling and started in on the sauce mix. Here is the recipe:

(The following proportions are based on a 6-8 serving dish. Adjust to your specifications).

Ingredients

1 (16 ounce) package ziti pasta
24 ounces ricotta cheese
1 package shredded mozzarella cheese
1 (32 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Italian Seasoning


Directions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add ziti and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.

In a medium bowl, mix ziti, ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, egg and 1 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce.


Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish and spoon in ziti mixture. Top with remaining spaghetti sauce, followed by Parmesan cheese and Italian Seasoning.


Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes; let stand a few minutes before serving.

Serve with some bread and you are good to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment