Friday, March 11, 2011

Another Delicious Pretzel Snack!


The other day, my husband and I were feasting on pizza-flavored Lean Pockets. Classy, I know, but we keep these around for quick lunches on the weekend when we have no idea what else to eat.

Anyway, we wanted something to go with the Lean Pocket, and the frozen pretzels were calling to me. When I saw the salt packet, I decided to use the opportunity to create a flavored pretzel, and decided on making “Italian Pretzels” since we were eating pizza…sort of.

First I wet the pretzel gently and patted it with a paper towel. Then I smeared a light layer of margarine on the pretzels. Garlic powder was sprinkled next, over the margarine. After the garlic powder I sprinkled some oregano and crushed red pepper flakes, topped off with some sesame seeds.

I popped my concoction into the microwave for about 50 seconds and out came some garlic Italian pretzels!

They were delicious. My husband suggested for next time, to also sprinkle some Parmesan cheese over the pretzel as well, and I couldn’t believe I didn’t think of that to begin with, being the cheese lover I am.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment