Monday, April 11, 2011

Peanut Butter and Chocolate Pie!


Amazingly (or not), this is the first recipe I am posting that actually contains peanut butter. Most people I know LOVE peanut butter. My husband LOVES peanut butter. Me, I hate the stuff. Seriously - I know. It's sacrilegious. But I could never get into the stuff. I actually have gotten into almond butter in the past two years - but just can't eat peanut butter.

This pie, however, is one my husband made for our May 2010 BBQ and my mother-in-law actually made something similar for Father's Day last year. In both situations, it went over well for people who like that stuff. In fact - it was eaten so fast at our BBQ that my husband barely got any!!

It's pretty easy to make too! This recipe serves 10. Enjoy!

Ingredients:

16 Oreo cookies, finely crushed
1/3 cup unsalted peanuts, finely crushed
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 (8 oz) package brick cream cheese, softened
1 cup smooth peanut butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup whipped cream, thawed
1 square Baker's semisweet chocolate

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Mix cookie crumbs, peanuts and butter until well blended - press firmly onto bottom and up the sides of a 9" pie plate.

Bake 10 minutes and cool completely.

Beat cream cheese, peanut butter and sugar in a bowl with a mixer on medium speed until well blended. Stir in the whipped topping.

Pour over the crust and cover.

Freeze at least 3 hours or overnight. Remove pie from freezer 30 minutes before serving.

Melt chocolate as directed on package and drizzle or smear over the top of the pie.

Let stand at room temperature until pie is soft enough to cut into slices, and serve.

Store any leftovers in the freezer - though there may not be any!!

No comments:

Post a Comment