Sunday, April 10, 2011

Spicy Roll Up Appetizers


Hello again, fellow food lovers - sorry for a delay in posting some recipes. It was a busy week. I do have a lot to post, so hopefully I can get back on a regular schedule again.

The following recipe is one I debuted at our backyard BBQ in May of 2010 - also before I started my blog. I think I ended up making these because I had been searching for recipes containing cream cheese. Somehow, my husband and I had ended up with a large amount of cream cheese blocks and we just needed to use them. Therefore, several of the items we prepared for that BBQ contained cream cheese!

I saw a recipe that was close to the one I am posting now and knew it was easy and quick enough to throw together in the eleventh hour. It ended up being a tasty treat, especially for those loving spice, and even my husband liked them, despite him not liking black olives. He said they were chopped just enough that you couldn't really identify the taste as olives. (Personally, I think he has it in his head that he doesn't like some foods, really, and then is surprised when he does!)

So if you and your friends and family love a little spice or heat, try these out at your next party. Or make them, pack them in an ice filled cooler and bring them tailgating!

Ingredients:

1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup black olives, pitted and minced
3 teaspoons of your favorite hot sauce
4 (10 inch) flour tortillas

Directions:

In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese with chopped olives and hot sauce.

Spread mixture in a thin layer over each of the tortillas.

Start at one and end gently roll each tortilla into a tight tube. Wrap each one in plastic wrap and chill until ready to serve.

Before serving, slice each roll into 1 inch thick slices.


** It's helpful if the tortillas are room temperature - they are easier to work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment