Sunday, April 17, 2011

Puff Pastry Delights!


I know I haven't posted in a few days, and I got yelled at by my cousin-in-law last night for not keeping her "favorites" list up to date on her Internet. Apparently I am one of her top links and whenever I don't update for a few days, the link disappears from her list. So, to appease her (hi Melissa!), I am posting today!

I actually have a few things to post, but work was insane last week and I wasn't as good about getting my recipes up in a timely fashion (apparently to the dismay of a bored college student). I'll try to be better :-)

So, this recipe actually follows one from Pepperidge Farm, their Apricot Pinwheels. When we had our friends over the other week for Italian Night, they were going to bring brownies but we wanted to have a little something sweet here too. We had exactly one puff pastry sheet left in the freezer, so it was time to use it!

My husband picked the apricot pinwheel recipe, but he made his little treats more like pockets of fruit. He made a few apricot ones, but also blueberry and a mocha chocolate sauce (those were delicious!)

He was disappointed that they weren't as neat and pretty as the real recipe, but they baked up and tasted just fine.

They are very easy to make for a last minute dessert, and are also good sweet treats for a game day!

Enjoy!

Ingredients:

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/3 cup sugar
1 package (17.3 ounces) Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets, thawed
1 cup apricot preserves

Directions:

Heat the oven to 350°F. Stir the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl.

Unfold 1 pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 16x8-inch rectangle.

Cut into 8 (4-inch) squares. Repeat with the remaining pastry sheet.


Spoon 1 tablespoon apricot preserves in the center of each pastry square. Using a sharp knife, cut diagonal lines from the corners of the pastry to within 3/4-inch of the preserves.

Fold every other corner up over the preserves to the center, overlapping the points and pinching to seal.

Place the pastries onto a baking sheet. Sprinkle with the cinnamon mixture.


Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown.

Remove the pastries from the the baking sheet and let cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment