Sunday, January 2, 2011

Pudding Drop Cookies - Spotlight on Butterscotch with Chocolate Chips!


Today's recipe actually comes from The Great American Cookie Cookbook, a gift to me from my mother-in-law a few years back. Originally, this book was my husband's baby, as he was the main baker in the house and I burned cookies left and right.

He's made the pudding drop cookies before, and we really enjoy them. So I decided to make a batch the other day. Originally I was going to make a few batches and bring some to work on Monday, but I only made one because I got lazy! Haha. One day I'll make some more and bring it to work, but for now, this butterscotch batch is ours.

AND - my cookies came out PERFECTLY!! Not burned...not overcooked and still soft 2 days later. Success.

The recipe is very versatile because you can basically use any kind of pudding mix that you like, and put anything you want in them... chips, nuts, candy, whatever. So the recipe I am going to list is just an example.

Ingredients:

3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/4 cup margarine or butter, melted
1 cup all purpose flour
1 package of Instant Pudding and Pie filling (we used butterscotch this time) *
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips **

* again, any kind of flavor instant pudding can be substituted
** nuts, candy, white chocolate chips, etc can be used instead


Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

In a medium bowl, beat eggs and sugar with an electric mixer at high speed until thick and pale yellow.

Beat in margarine or butter and stir until smooth.

Stir in flour and pudding mix until blended.

Stir in chocolate chips.

Drop batter by tablespoonfuls (def. use a tablespoon...I used a scoop and my cookies turned into JUMBO cookies), 2 inches apart, onto greased and floured cookie sheets.

Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.

Cool slightly on cookie sheets, then remove and let cool completely on wire racks.

Store in airtight container.

Makes about 24 cookies.

2 comments:

  1. mmmmmmmmmmmmm....these were delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK.....this is weird that it didn't take my comment from Monday!

    Anyway, I said "I'm glad you finally were able to make a good batch of cookies!"

    ReplyDelete