Sunday, January 23, 2011

Product Post... Playing With Babycakes!


Because I am a HUGE cupcake lover, (as I think I have previously mentioned...) my mom found something in Bed Bath & Beyond that she thought I would really enjoy using and got it for me for Hanukkah.

Enter the Babycakes Cupcake Maker. This product is sort of like a panini press... you pour the batter into the contraption, close it, and it bakes up your cupcakes in 5-8 minutes.


My mom did give me the receipt to go with it, just in case I didn't want it. My husband and I debated for well over a month if we were going to keep this or not and today we decided to keep it because we used it!

We knew we were going to make cupcakes today because my husband is going sort of dairy free for a week (not going crazy over ingredients.. just staying away from actual milk, yogurt, cheese, ice cream, etc.), so he needed some dessert for after dinner that wasn't his usual ice cream sundae.

So, we broke out the Babycakes. It's cute - it doesn't quite make mini-cupcakes...they are sort of like cupcake bites. Like those 100 calorie pack type things. And we just used a standard box mix (marble cake mix!) to make the cupcakes.


It IS a really easy product to use...you mix up your batter, plug in the machine, fill the cups, close and wait. We made 24 "cupcake bites" in about a half hour.

I don't think I will use this to make good cupcakes - I like the traditional method better. But if I need small bite size things for recipes, this will come in handy. It's also a GREAT way to "bake" with kids - it's so easy and they would have a lot of fun doing it. Since it is so fast, there is less waiting time until they get to eat the goodies.

This product will also make pies, cheesecakes, brownies, etc. It comes with a few recipes, as well as good instructions on how to use it and some tools like an icing bag and icing tips.

All in all - fun product, and a novelty, good for kids - not bad. Thanks, Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment