Monday, June 27, 2011

Easy One Dish Beef Stroganoff


I had bought a container of plain yogurt a few weeks back when I thought I needed it for a recipe. It turned out I didn't need it IN the recipe - it was for an optional dip that went along with the recipe. Oops - I didn't read that closely enough.

Since my husband and I are trying not to buy food we won't eat (we've had a problem with food wasting in the past), I knew I had to find a recipe to use the yogurt in before the expiration date.

Sure, there were tons of dip recipes available, but I wanted to use it in a main dish, and I came across this recipe right here. It fit the bill and all we needed was some steak because I actually had everything else in the house.

The only modification I made was using a beef bouillon cube instead of a can of beef broth since we didn't have that in the house and I didn't need it since I had the cubes. I also used sirloin steak instead of the beef top round steaks. (We honestly just bought whatever was on sale!)

This was a very, very easy recipe to prepare and I honestly think it took me about a half hour start to finish, so it is possible to make this after a day at work.

It turned out really well and both my husband and I enjoyed it immensely. We recommend it!

Ingredients:

3/4 pound boneless sirloin steak, 3/4 inches thick
1 (10.75 ounce) can Campbell's® Healthy Request® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 (14 ounce) can Swanson® Beef Broth (or 2 beef bouillon cubes)
1/2 cup water
1 medium onion, sliced
3 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
1/2 cup plain yogurt
Chopped fresh parsley (or dried parsley)

Directions:

Slice beef into very thin strips.

Cook beef in nonstick skillet until browned, stirring often. Remove beef.

Add soup, broth, water and onion. Heat to a boil.

Stir in noodles. Cook over low heat 10 minutes or until noodles are done, stirring often.

Stir in yogurt. Return beef to skillet and heat through. Garnish with parsley.

So easy - and with one dish too! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment