Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry with Whole Grain Rice!


So two weeks ago I received a coupon in the mail for a FREE (!!!) pouch of Uncle Ben's Ready Rice. I really love free products! (I digress). Anyway, with this coupon came a recipe for a beef & broccoli stir fry.

It used sirloin steak and scallions, but i just substituted ground beef and regular onions because, well, I had that in the house. (I could have bought the other ingredients when I went to get the rice but I didn't read the recipe all the way through! Ha! It still worked.)

Anyway, this recipe is QUICK. You can definitely make this after work for a nice, hearty and healthy dinner.

I'm going to post the original recipe with my substitutions in parentheses. This should honestly take no more than 15 minutes to make total. This recipe serves 4.

Ingredients:

1 pouch Uncle Ben's Ready Rice (I used the Whole Grain Medley. I guess you can use any rice but the beauty of this is how fast it cooks.)
2 cups broccoli florets, blanched (I actually did not blanch them, just left them as is)
1/2 pound beef sirloin steak, thinly sliced (I used 93% ground beef in thick chunks)
2 TBSP soy sauce
1 tsp minced garlic (or 2 cloves of garlic)
4 scallions, thinly sliced (I chopped up half of a small onion)
1/2 cup water

Directions:

In a large skillet, pour a dab of your favorite cooking oil and saute the beef until browned.

Add the garlic, scallions, broccoli and soy sauce - saute for 1 minute.

Squeeze the pouch to break apart the rice, then open the package and add the rice and 1/2 cup water to the skillet.

Cook until rice is hot and combined with the other ingredients.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment