Sunday, January 1, 2012

Game Day Dessert Week 17 - Chocolate Covered Pretzels with M&M's


Yeah, it's late in the day. I wasn't sure if I was going to do a Game Day Snack for today but I made these fun little treats last night for New Years Eve that my husband said to put up as the game day snack. So I am. But this is officially the last football game day snack until next year, hopefully (if baby boy doesn't infringe on my kitchen time!)

So my friend Carly actually inspired me to do these treats. She has a running blog but was talking about the holiday baking she did in a post the other week. She had a picture of these cute little treats that were pretzels with a melted Hershey Kiss and an M&M on top. Super easy. Super tasty. I asked her for the recipe.

So she sent me the link where the recipe was and basically told me how easy they were to make, and they were. It took me like, 10 minutes tops. (Plus 15 minutes for cooling in the fridge)

It did take me longer to unwrap the chocolates than bake these, haha! Anyway, these came out SO GOOD that my husband wanted to eat the entire plate. I told him to, he could stand to gain a few pounds, but he opted not to. Oh well. Next time.

The link to the recipe also has many other ideas like making little pretzel s'mores or using different flavor chocolate/M&M's for different tastes. The possibilities are endless.

So here is the recipe, nice and easy:

Ingredients:


Pretzel snaps (or your favorite small pretzel.. I used the square ones)
Hershey Kisses (I actually didn't have Kisses so I used the small Hershey milk chocolate candies and the Special Dark ones too!)
M&Ms (I used peanut and cinnamon M&M's)

Directions:

Place the pretzel squares on a baking sheet, and top each one with a Hershey Kiss.

Cook for 3 minutes in a 250 degree oven.

Press an M&M into the center of each Hershey Kiss. Refrigerate for approximately 15-20 minutes or until cool.

EAT!!

So there ya go. Simple, easy, DELICIOUS!

Enjoy everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment