Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Grilled Radishes! An easy summer side!


I know, I know. I am getting bad about posting again. I'm sorry! No excuse except I have been lazy about cooking for about a week.

Anyway, back to grilling! Though, this will be my last grilling entry for a while until my husband decides to go fill the 2 EMPTY gas tanks. We had one empty one and I kept telling him to make sure he filled it so we had a spare, but we just ran out on the second one and now we have none, and he keeps promising to fill them. I'm not holding my breath.

So we had some leftover radishes from salad ingredients we bought the week prior and I successfully ate salad every day - for a week. Yeah, that habit was short lived! I didn't want to waste the perfectly good radishes, so I found this recipe on AllRecipes.com that looked interesting so I gave it a shot.

My husband really enjoyed it! It was easy and simple and I would definitely make it again. It took me about 15 minutes to prepare and about 25 minutes to cook.

Ingredients:

20 oz radishes, sliced (I used about 8 medium sized radishes)
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 TBLS butter, cut into small pieces
1 cube ice
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Preheat grill for high heat.

Place the radishes, garlic, butter and ice cube on a double layer of aluminum foil, large enough to wrap all the contents. Season with salt and pepper. **

**(I actually used a ziplock bag to mix the garlic, salt, pepper and radishes together by shaking them first, before putting them onto the tin foil. Seemed to work well! Then I put the butter on top of the radishes when I finally put them on the tin foil, as well as the ice cube.)

Tightly seal foil around the contents.

Place foil packet on the grill and cook for 20-25 minutes until radishes are tender.

Serve hot and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment