Monday, June 20, 2011

Fun with Turkey Sliders

For Father's Day (which we hosted Saturday), my husband whipped up a batch of ground turkey sliders to serve with his famous (so far secret until we enter it into a contest) topping. Everyone enjoyed the topping so much, they ate it alone without the turkey sliders!! So we ended up with a bunch of turkey sliders leftover, and we got creative last night in how we ate them.

We also had a batch of my Asian Grilled Eggplant on hand, so I cut up a slice of that and laid it in between two turkey sliders. I then topped off my burger with a balsamic vinegar and honey reduction sauce. MMM! The combination of flavors was very, very tasty!



My husband was a little more creative than I was with his turkey slider. He bought himself a poblano pepper at the farmers market yesterday morning and sauteed it with some onion.

Along with some taco-seasoned shredded cheddar cheese, my husband also used Trader Joe's Spicy Black Bean dip as a garnishment. He really enjoyed his southwest spicy turkey burger!




So we had fun with our Sunday night dinner.

Here is our basic ground turkey burger recipe:

Ingredients

Ground turkey
Italian bread crumbs
salt & pepper
oregano
garlic powder
crushed red pepper flakes

Directions

Mix all ingredients in a bowl and form into patties. Grill, broil or bake until done - no longer pink inside.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment